Saturday, May 19, 2018

A Blue Rockthrush Singing In My Parking Lot

I've heard a Blue Rockthrush singing in my building's parking lot at times, and at times from a perch atop nearby buildings for the past week or so.... It seemed hard to believe: a Rockthrush should be closer to a seacoast, shouldn't he? But this morning I had a good look at him: he was preening his feathers and singing atop a car in the parking lot... and was unmistakably a Blue Rockthrush.

What's he doing here in this season, I wonder....

And another oddity this year: Several days each week I still hear Grey- headed Lapwings in our rice fields even this late in the spring. Have their preferred fields been destroyed, replaced by buildings or parking lots, I wonder, so they settle for foraging in the little fields in this neighborhood...?

No comments:

Post a Comment